Picture Book Summit Code of Conduct
The Picture Book Summit conference is committed to providing a professional environment at all of our events, Facebook groups, social media platforms or any other event that includes PBS sponsorship. We welcome people of all backgrounds. We expect our events to be a respectful, harassment-free environment for all people
regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, and belief. PBS values the diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences reflected among all attendees.
In pursuit of those goals, speakers, staff, attendees, and volunteers at PBS events are expected to abide by the following code of conduct:
- Treat everyone with respect and consideration.
- Communicate openly and thoughtfully with others, and be considerate of the multitude of views and opinions that are different than your own.
- Be respectful in discussing and debating ideas.
- Follow the rules and policies of the venue.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.
- Harassment and intimidation, including any verbal, written (including via texts, in the chatroom, or on social media), or conduct designed to threaten, intimidate, humiliate, or coerce another participant.
- Discrimination or other actions based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, physical ability, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, or belief.
- Stalking or unwelcome or surreptitious photography or recording.
- Verbal abuse or intimidation of any participant.
- Sustained or disrespectful disruption of presentations or events.
- Unwelcome sexual attention, including but not limited to sexualized comments or jokes, and/or displaying sexually explicit material.
- Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- PBS officials may take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the conference without refund.
REPORTING UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior during conference events, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.